There are many types of oils you can use on your hair, but this one may be the most potent. Wheat Germ Oil for hair has powerful antioxidants that help boost strength and shine while also protecting and preventing damage. Wheat germ oil benefits for hair include conditioning properties which have been shown to reduce free radical activity, which prevents breakage and premature aging.
You may also like:
It also promotes hair growth by stimulating blood circulation in the scalp and supplying nutrients to damaged follicles on the head, skin, and nails. This is also a source of protein, making it ideal for hair growth as well as providing your body with the necessary vitamins and minerals. Get the answer on how to use wheat germ oil for hair. and is wheat germ oil good for hair?
What Is Wheat Germ Oil?
Wheat germ oil for hair is extracted from the wheat germ of the wheat plant. Wheat germ oil has a distinct nutty scent and is pale yellow, similar to that of olive oil. The properties of wheat germ oil are: It is great for moisturization and regulates water levels in the skin. It contains antioxidants that fight free radicals and prevent premature aging. It regulates the shine of hair when applied as a conditioning treatment or as a hot oil treatment.
Benefits Of Wheat Germ Oil For Hair
1. Health & Skin Benefits
Wheat germ oil for hair is believed to help promote collagen production in all parts of the skin, especially the nails and hair. It may be beneficial to those with dry skin or recovering from trauma in their fleshy areas. Its high content of essential fatty acids has been shown to improve rough, patchy skin conditions like eczema on the scalp and face as well as acne breakouts. Wheat germ oil also contains omega 3 and omega 6 fatty acids that can be helpful for those suffering from dry or oily skin types.
2. Hair Loss
Wheat germ oil for hair can help to repair and strengthen hair shafts, promoting growth while preventing further hair damage. It not only contains healing properties, but it is a rich source of protein and includes so many vitamins and minerals that it can also help strengthen hair follicles for long-term maintenance.
3. Wheat Germ Oil For The Scalp
Wheat germ oil for fast hair growth can relieve dryness in the scalp caused by poor circulation or by seasonal changes when using products with harsh chemicals. It can also alleviate dandruff and keep the scalp moisturized and healthy. When applied as a hot oil treatment, wheat germ's anti-inflammatory properties aid in anti-dandruff treatments by eliminating dry skin flakes that are caused by inflammation, irritation, or allergy.
4. Fast Hair Growth
Wheat germ oil for fast hair growth contains essential fatty acids and proteins that help promote the growth of new hair follicles. It can also revitalize hair that has become damaged or dull from over-processing or hair color.
5. Removes Makeup
Wheat germ oil is a great alternative to other products you may be using on your eyes and face as it can remove makeup, clean pores, and refresh skin without drying it out.
6. Locks In Moisture
Wheat germ oil has high levels of vitamin E, which is a natural antioxidant that helps protect your scalp against damage and dryness caused by UV rays, harsh weather conditions, poor diet, stress, and aging.
7. Wheat Germ Oil For Nails
Wheat germ oil is a rich source of protein that nourishes and strengthens the nails. It imparts a soft, shiny, healthy appearance to the nails when used as a hot oil treatment or as a conditioning treatment after washing.
DIY Recipes Of Wheat Germ Oil For Everyday Use:
- Wheat germ oil or olive oil can be used on the hair as a moisturizer, and it can also be used as a hot oil treatment.
- Wheat germ oil/olive oil concentrate: Combine 3 tbsp wheat germ oil or olive oil
- 2 tsp of honey in 1/4 cup of warm water and stir until honey is dissolved
- apply to your hair with a plastic wrap or turban; leave on for 10 minutes.
- Rinse with warm water and dry the hair with a dry towel.
- You may use your favorite conditioner on the hair while it's still wet to help seal in moisture.
- Wheat germ oil, honey, and toner can also be used to remove makeup.
- To remove makeup: Add 1 tbsp of wheat germ oil and 1 tsp of honey to 2 oz of water.
- Apply it on your face as a toner and gently rub it with a cotton pad
- rinse with warm water.
- Wheat germ oil, almond essential oil, and organic shampoo can be used as a treatment for dry and damaged hair.
- Mix wheat germ oil for hair loss with a few drops of your favorite essential oil and shampoo your hair once or twice a week.
The natural healing properties of wheat germ oil can be used on the skin as well, especially on troubled areas like acne, eczema, scars, psoriasis, and even rashes caused by poison ivy or spider bites. It can also be used on lips to help reduce the appearance of chapped skin when used as a lip balm.
You may also like:
3 Easy Steps To Make Wheat Germ Oil Treatment At Home:
(Use in the morning and night)
1. Soak 3 tablespoons of wheat germ oil for hair loss in a bowl of warm water for 5 minutes.
3. Mix well.
How To Use Wheat Germ Oil?
2) To relieve dry, itchy skin caused by asthma, rub a drop of wheat germ oil on your chest, elbows, and knees to relieve the inflammation.
3) Wheat germ oil can also be used as an eye makeup remover and in aromatherapy.
4) To gently wash your face, apply a drop of wheat germ oil to a cotton pad and cleanse your face.
5) Is wheat germ oil good for hair? To soothe an irritated, sore scalp, add 2 drops of wheat germ oil and 2 drops of lavender essential oil in 1 cup of sweet almond or jojoba oil. Massage the scalp with the mixture and wash off with warm water.
6) Wheat germ oil can also be used as a makeup remover on your lips. Take several cotton pads moistened with wheat germ oil and wipe over your lips to remove makeup and prevent chapped skin.
1. Can you use wheat germ oil every day?
Wheat germ oil can be used daily for the treatment of different skin and hair conditions, but it's important to follow up with a mixture of jojoba or almond oils with tea tree oil. If you have dry or sensitive skin, you should apply it only once a day before bed.
2. Can wheat germ oil be used as a lip balm?
Wheat germ oil can be used as a lip balm and it may help reduce the appearance of chapped lips caused by extreme temperatures, wind, or dry air. Wheat germ oil's properties help to seal in moisture and antioxidants. To use it as a lip balm, mix it with 1 tsp of olive or jojoba oil.