Cardamom seeds produce a wonderful tasting spice for cooking but also offer health benefits. The cardamom plant is a perennial that can grow up to 6 feet tall (sometimes taller) and produces pods year-round. Cardamom is a rich source of manganese, iron, and Vitamins A, C, and B6. It has been used traditionally as a tea to relieve respiratory congestion in Ayurvedic medicine. Cardamom essential oil mixed with other carrier oils is also effective for easing muscle soreness and pains when rubbed on the skin as well as slowing the aging process or protecting against environmental stresses such as radiation or chemical pollution. Cardamom essential oil can also be used topically to treat a variety of skin conditions such as acne, psoriasis, and eczema. The antiseptic and antifungal properties of cardamom essential oil make it beneficial for treating bacterial infections on the skin.
You may also like:
Cardamom essential oil will reduce swelling, redness, and pain associated with insect bites or rashes due to allergic reactions. The antifungal properties found in cardamom essential oil make it effective in fighting fungal infections within your body. It is a powerful treatment for eliminating head lice in adults and children alike. In many cultures, cardamom seed pods are dried, crushed, and used as a spice. In the U.S., cardamom is mostly used as a flavoring in candy and ice cream products. The chief chemical constituents of cardamom essential oil are beta-myrcene (24%), alpha-pinene (16%), limonene (13%), gamma-terpinene (6%), cineol (5%), and camphene (4%).
Health Benefits Of Cardamom Essential Oil
1) Cardamom essential oil can have a profound effect on all respiratory problems. Cardamom essential oil is an effective treatment for asthma and bronchitis, especially when inhaled in steam vapors. It is a beneficial remedy for eliminating excess mucus from the lungs and throat, and also treating whooping cough and croupy cough. The analgesic, antispasmodic, anti-allergenic, and expectorant properties of cardamom essential oil make it beneficial for treating asthma and other respiratory difficulties. The potent medicinal components of cardamom are the volatile oils contained within the seed pods.
2) Cardamom essential oil produces a calming and relaxing effect which is very effective for treating anxiety or stress related to disturbed sleep patterns.
3) Cardamom essential oil is beneficial in relieving muscle pain and soreness. It can be used topically to treat a variety of skin conditions such as eczema, psoriasis, and acne.
4) Cardamom essential oil combats bacterial and fungal infections such as skin rashes, cold sores, athlete's foot, ringworm, and lice infestation without the use of harsh chemicals or irradiation.
5) Cardamom essential oil has a potent anti-inflammatory effect which is effective for treating arthritis and osteoporosis.
6) Cardamom essential oil promotes healthy blood circulation which makes it beneficial for fighting against heart disease, improving your circulation and heart rate, reducing cholesterol levels, preventing atherosclerosis, and reducing blood clots.
7) Cardamom essential oil is a powerful antiseptic and anti-fungal treatment that inhibits bacterial growth and fungal overgrowth in the respiratory tract.
8) Cardamom essential oil boosts metabolism thereby improving your body's ability to burn fat deposits that are stored as triglycerides in adipose tissue.
9) Cardamom essential oil can increase both the cerebral and immune systems and is effective in fighting against Alzheimer's disease and dementia.
10) Cardamom essential oil can alleviate depression due to hormonal imbalances, menstruation, pregnancy, or menopause.
11) Cardamom seed pods will increase human growth hormone production by stimulating receptors in the pituitary gland that is responsible for producing growth hormone.
12) Cardamom is a powerful treatment for women's reproductive problems such as the absence of menstrual bleeding, amenorrhea, or premenstrual syndrome (PMS).
13) Cardamom essential oil is effective for increasing libido and reproductive
The best way to use cardamom oil is to apply it to the skin or inhale it in steam vapors. You can calm anxiety by adding 3 drops of cardamom oil to some water and lemon juice and drinking it as tea thrice daily.
What Are The Cardamom Essential Oil Spiritual Benefits?
In aromatherapy, cardamom is used in a variety of ways. It's an effective aphrodisiac, antiseptic, antispasmodic, expectorant (expelling phlegm and mucus), carminative (relaxing one's digestive system), diuretic (decreasing the amount of urine produced), and galactagogue (making milk flow). Cardamom essential oil can be used for treating a variety of ailments such as bronchitis, congestion associated with colds and flu, chronic coughing, gout, and arthritis. Cardamom essential oil stimulates memory by improving concentration and focus. It reduces fatigue from mental work or physical activity. It is also an effective aphrodisiac and sedative.
You may also like:
To apply cardamom essential oil topically, mix it with a carrier oil such as coconut oil, jojoba, or sweet almond oil. Apply 3-5 drops of this mixture to the affected area of your body. This essential oil can be used internally by mixing three drops of cardamom essential oil in a glass full of hot water and drinking it every morning on an empty stomach before breakfast. These capsules are safe to swallow and can significantly benefit your overall health.
DIY Recipes Of Cardamom Essential Oil For Hair And Skin
Recipe 1: Hair Mask For Dry And Brittle Hair
- 2 tbsp of cardamom essential oil
- 2 tbsp of almond oil
- 1 tbsp of honey
- Mix all the above ingredients in a glass bowl.
- Apply the mixture to your hair for about 15 minutes and then wash it with warm water.
- Repeat 3-4 times a week, or as per your needs.
Recipe 2: Hair Mask For Dandruff
- 1 tbsp of cardamom essential oil
- 4 drops of peppermint essential oil
- 1 tbsp of ginseng root extract powder
- Mix all the above ingredients in a glass bowl.
- Apply the mixture on your scalp for about 20 minutes, then wash it off with clarifying shampoo.
- Repeat twice a week, or as per your needs.
Recipe 3: Facial Oil Mix For Regular Use
- Mix all the above ingredients in a glass bowl and apply the mixture on your face for about 10 minutes.
- Then wash it off with warm water.
- Repeat 2-3 times a week, or as per your needs.
Cardamom oil should be stored in a cool place and out of the reach of children or pets. This oil is not recommended for pregnant women and nursing mothers.
Cardamom oil is not recommended for pregnant women and nursing mothers as it may pose several side effects. It will relax the uterus which may cause abortions in the early stages of pregnancy. The uterine muscles or the womb will be relaxed, thus causing bleeding. It can also induce labor in a normal pregnancy which can lead to complications for both mother and child.