Poor dandruff has always affected our big day. Not only does it ruins the occasion but, also leads to other hair care problems such as dryness, dullness and rough hair. The common problem of dandruff is very embarrassing especially when the snowflakes fall off from your hair to your black clothes. Natural treatments in this case are very helpful as they discourage the growth of bacteria on the scalp and prevent build-up.
If you are an old buddy in the oil industry then you might know the crazy benefits of pure olive oil. The 100% pure olive oil is packed with nourishing properties and tackles dryness like no one's business. Various oils might help in this case like almond oil, coconut oil, jojoba oil and argan oil. But, to be precise olive oil works the best. Olive oil is an all-rounder and works like a charm for dull and dry hair. Not only does this magic hair oil eradicates dandruff but also works in favour of shiny and strong hair.
Believe it or not natural remedies for dandruff are way better than harsh chemical treatments. These natural ingredients not only nourish hair but also prevent hair and scalp from brutal chemicals present in synthetic products.
Benefits of olive oil in your hair care regime
It is best to know the benefits of an ingredient before judging it for your problem. Here are some well-known benefits of olive oil for your hair. After reading these impeccable benefits you can't resist yourself from trying the magic hair oil.
- Tackles dandruff: Let's have a look at the prominent problem that we are referring to since the beginning. Dandruff it is. Do you know the main reason why dandruff is seen on your scalp? The main reason for dandruff is the lack of nourishment and moisture that resides on your scalp for a long time. People who do not stick to regular oiling suffer from dandruff prone scalp. In this case, olive oil comes as a saviour to treat your hair care issues. It keeps dandruff at bay and provides intense moisture and nourishment to your scalp. The potent blend very gently treats your hair and mitigates dandruff.
- Prevents Environmental Damage: How about a protective shield for your hair to protect it from environmental damage? The star ingredient olive oil has mind-blowing benefits for your hair. It protects your hair from damage by intensely nourishing your scalp. Olive oil deeply moisturizes your hair from root to tip and creates a barrier guard between your hair and dust. The external damage to your hair reduces to half after applying olive oil regularly to your hair. Do you know olive oil also battles with split ends and protect your hair from unwanted wear and tear? Yes, it does to a great extent.
- Detoxyfies scalp: Regular usage of hair styling products and treatments usually leads to scalp build-up. This leads to the stoppage of hair growth and increases dandruff problems. Olive oil works like a charm to this problem. It has powerful detoxifying properties that cleanse the scalp. Olive oil is packed with antibacterial and antioxidants properties that help in cleaning scalp build-up and promote hair growth. The antioxidants in olive oil nourish the hair deeply and dissolve dirt, grime and dandruff. The dirt and grime when eased are easily washed away by a mild shampoo. You can also skip conditioner if you are using olive oil to maintain your hair.
- No more frizz flying: Say goodbye to frizzy and dull hair because olive oil is here to the rescue. Olive oil has deep penetrating properties that go into your hair and nourish it from within. Pure olive oil makes your hair frizz-free and silky. Grab organic olive oil from trusted suppliers and bless your hair.
How does olive oil work for your hair?
There are several ways in which olive oil works the best for your hair. Not only does it strengthens hair but also provides life to dull and dry hair. Let's have a look at some ways how olive oil works the best for your hair and especially dandruff prone scalp.
- Antioxidant properties: It is interesting to note that olive oil is loaded with antioxidant properties that soften hair and makes it manageable. It strengthens your hair and maintains health of your scalp and hair. Olive oil prevents cell damage in the hair and conditions to improve its quality. It also reduces major hair breakage by empowering the hair follicles and reducing dead ends.
- Loaded with vitamins: Olive oil seems to be a normal carrier oil just like others. But, did you know that this miraculous oil is loaded with vitamins like Vitamin A and Vitamin E? Yes, you heard it right. The power pack formula of nutrients and vitamins is great to repair damaged hair and provide a dose of nourishment to lifeless hair. Olive oil also works to treat damaged and coloured hair which is great. It repairs damaged hair and prevents hair loss to a great extent.You can apply amazing home remedies to dry hair using olive oil to tackle roughness and dullness in your hair.
- Antibacterial: Olive oil has antibacterial properties that reduce scalp irritability. It helps eliminates fungus and bacteria from scalp making it clean and nourished. Olive oil improves your scalp health and makes your hair stronger than ever. Itchy scalp is a result of over the time product build-up, dandruff and usage of wrong hair care products. This results in extreme hair loss and reduces the quality of your overtime. With organic olive oil, you can be relieved about your hair as it tackles everything at once.
DIY Recipes for dandruff
You can use olive oil treatments to protect your hair and make it manageable. These DIY recipes are easy and will help get rid of dandruff.
Recipe 1 - Olive oil and egg white hair mask
- In a bowl add 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Now break one egg and separate the yolk and egg white.
- Add the egg white to the bowl and whisk it.
- The consistency of this hair mask will be super gooey.
- Apply it to your hair for 20-30 minutes and then wash it off with cold water.
Why this recipe?
Egg whites contain powerful enzymes that tackle the bacteria and fungus on the scalp. Olive oil on the other hand provides intense nourishment to your hair. It also maintains your scalp health.
Recipe 2 - Olive Oil and Coconut oil
- For this simple recipe, you need coconut oil and olive oil.
- In a bowl add 3tbsp of olive oil.
- Now add 1tbsp of 100% pure coconut oil to it.
- Warm up this mixture in a double boiler method and apply it to your hair.
- Start from your scalp to the tips of your hair for better hydration.
- Leave it on for 30 minutes and then wash it off.
Why this recipe?
This hair oil recipe combines two ingredients which do wonders to hair. Coconut oil induces hair growth and fights bacterial infections on the scalp. Olive oil works to strengthen the hair and improve blood circulation on the scalp.
Recipe 3 - Olive oil and honey hair mask
- For this easy DIY recipe you need olive oil and honey.
- In a bowl add 3tbsp of olive oil.
- Warm it up a little bit and then add 2tsp of honey to it.
- Mix this concoction really well and gently massage it on your hair.
- Follow the circular massaging technique and also use a massager for this purpose.
- Keep it on for 20 minutes and then wash it off with a sulphate free shampoo.
Why this recipe?
Do you even need an answer after reading the ingredients of this recipe? Olive oil is full of nutrients and vitamins that reduce the frizziness and dullness of your hair while Honey will ensure to keep dryness at bay and nourish your hair deeply.
Is olive oil safe for your hair?
Yes, Absolutely. 100% pure olive oil is a savior for lifeless and dull hair. It is loaded with vitamins, nutrients and minerals that keep your hair smooth and soft. It is very important to check the quality of the oils before using them on your hair. While olive oil is very safe to use on any hair type, one must always try and test by massaging it on their hair. Do not go full-fledged in DIYs and all the remedies before a proper patch test.
Few things to consider while using Olive Oil
- Pure olive oil is meant for external use only and should never be ingested
- Store oils out of reach of children and store them apart from other products.
- Some oils can be fatal to pets and, therefore always research before using them.
- Always do a patch test before applying oils to larger areas of skin to look for any skin irritation.
- Always buy pure oils and stay away from fake counterparts as they won't contain the same therapeutic benefits.
It's time to go back to your roots and make the most of pure and organic olive oil to treat dandruff and dull hair. Olive oil is an amazing product which bids farewell to dandruff and itchy scalp. One can use it in different ways to keep their hair bouncy, soft and shiny.
- Which essential oil can I mix with olive oil?
There is no such restriction on using any essential oil with olive oil. But, to team it up with pure essential oil, one can mix tea tree, lavender, rosemary or ylang-ylang essential oil with pure olive oil.
- Which olive oil hair mask recipe should I use for dandruff and soft hair?
You can simply mix olive oil with aloe vera, honey and tea tree oil to get a 2-in-1 solution. This hair mask works really well for the itchy scalp because it has tea tree oil in it. Olive oil in combination with honey and aloe vera tackles dryness and rough hair.
- How do I choose pure olive oil for my hair?
You should always consider pure and natural oils from a trusted brand. Moksha provides authentic high quality oils which are backed by certifications. All oils are tested in their in-house lab for purity and quality. You can buy pure Olive oil online from our website and get your oil delivered at your doorstep in all cities across USA.
You may also like: