It is quoted that ‘Your skin is a really great indicator of what’s going on inside your body.' Every skin is textured and should be embraced the same way however the goal is healthy skin, not a perfect one. Oily skin owning its benefits however has been a struggle to maintain.
Tea Tree Essential Oil has been asserted as an alternative to conventional methods. Even from the findings of various studies, it has been implied that Tea Tree Essential Oil has proved as effective as the dermatologist cures of acne. It has been established as the best natural remedy.
What is Oily Skin Texture?
A skin type that appears textured gives an illusion of shine and feels greasy throughout is what depicts an oily skin texture. Oily Skin persists when the sebaceous glands in the skin make too much Sebum. (Sebum is a waxy, oily substance that protects and hydrates the skin).
It has however been a ‘blessing in disguise.’ Although the oily skin texture protects and preserves skin, and makes it look shinier. People with oily skin tend to have thicker skin and fewer wrinkles. But such skin textures have enlarged pores, they tend to develop acne, blemishes and are subsequently more prone to acne breakouts.
How Tea Tree oil works on Oily Skin?
Distilled from the leaves of Melaleuca alternifolia, Tea Tree Essential Oil is a native of Australia. The antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, antifungal and antiseptic character of this oil has made it a jack of it all.
Anti-inflammatory: Due to the anti-inflammatory effect of Tea Tree oil, It helps soothe and relieve painful and irritated skin. It also helps in reducing redness and swelling.
Antiseptic: The antiseptic properties help in the ability of the skin to combat oily skin. It also helps heal wounds faster and keeps the wound from festering.
Antibacterial: This makes Tea Tree oil an effective wound healer. As per a study, it helps heal wounds caused by bacteria.
It has gained its relevance over the period of time and is now found in an array of cosmetic products. Tea Tree Essential Oil is feasible and is also termed ‘safe’ when used as directed. Thereby, it has been crowned as the most natural and excellent skin treatment option for oily and acne-prone skin.
Treatment of Oily Skin using Tea Tree Oil
The application of Tea Tree Essential Oil has been opted as the most efficient, natural skin treatment for oily skin textures. The Tea Tree Essential Oil acts on the entire mechanism of the skin. The oily skin harbours dead skin cells which repel water but not oil, that’s the reason Tea Tree Essential Oil acts as the solution for the same.
Regulates Sebum production: Being a natural moisturizer, Tea Tree Essential Oil restores the natural oil balance of skin. It helps regulate overall sebum production and reduces the sizes of pores so less oil gets accumulated.
Moisturising: The nourishing properties of this oil provide skin with the necessary moisture content while protecting it from acne.
Minimize Pores: It controls excess oil production and helps clear clogged pores. It thereby impacts the Ph levels and brings stability. It even makes the skin appear less greasy and further makes the skin suitable for more products.
Attacks acne Causing bacteria: Tea Tree oil contains terpene, that kills microbial action on skin. Thereby protecting it from bacteria which causes acne on skin and helps reduce level of acne breakout.
Its safe usage has made it a saviour for those who have been facing the problems of oily skin for all these years. The varying qualities of this oil and the commendable results of its use have made it the most natural and reliable remedy for skin purposes.
Oily skin and Acne prone skin kind of come in a package; people with oily skin tends to get more acne and pimples than others. The production of excessive oil is a reason for causing more non-cooperative breakouts. Tea Tree Essential Oil harbours a number of compounds including terpinene-4 ol which counteracts the growth of Acne and eradicates the conditions that cause the development of acne. It is Antibacterial in nature and effectively destroys acne-causing bacteria.
In addition to this Tea Tree Essential Oil is also known to have preventive, precautionary effects on future acne outbreaks too. Its usage is henceforth a win-win for the people who have acne-prone skin.
DIY treatments using Tea Tree Oil:
#1 Fullers Earth and Tea Tree Essential Oil Face Mask for Oily Skin
- Add 2-3 drops of Tea Tree Essential Oil to the clay powder, along with rose water, to make a smooth paste.
- Apply a thin layer on your face and let dry.
- Wash off with cool water, and follow up with a water-based foundation.
- Do this twice a week.
Why it will work?
Fullers Earth is of absorbing nature and known for its oil reducing properties. And when mixed with Tea Tree Essential Oil this action gets doubled and promotes sebum balance in the skin.
#2 Tea Tree Oil, & Jojoba Oil Mask for Oily Skin
- 3 drops of Tea Tree Oil
- 1 tbsp of Jojoba Oil
- Mix 3 drops of tea tree oil with jojoba oil.
- Apply and leave on for 10 minutes, before rinsing off with warm water.
- Pat dry.
Why it will work?
Jojoba Oil is highly absorbing in the skin and has a comedogenic rating of 3. It also suits down allergic insensitive skin. Mixed with Tea Tree Essential Oil it can mimic the effects of sebum on the skin, which sends a signal to skin cells that it is well moisturized and there is no need to produce more oil.
#3 Tea Tree Essential Oil & Aloe Vera Gel Spot Treatment for Acne
- 3-4 drops of Tea Tree Essential Oil
- 2 tbsp Aloe Vera Gel
- For spot treatment of acne, mix 3 drops of tea Tree oil with aloe vera gel.
- Store the mixture in a glass vial.
- Apply twice a day with a q-tip or cotton earbud, after washing your face.
- You can even use water, coconut oil, or almond oil instead of aloe vera.
Why will it work?
Aloe Vera Gel is famous for skin rejuvenation and healing properties. It can contract skin and remove the appearance of scars, marks, spots etc. Tea Tree Essential Oil is anti-inflammatory in nature, both of them combine calm irritated and inflamed skin. This mix can be applied at night, when skin does its most healing, then you’ll wake up with a glowing look.
#4 Tea Tree Oil, Lavender Oil & Dead Sea Salt Scrub for Glowing Skin
- 3-4 drops of Tea Tree Oil
- 3-4 drops of Lavender Essential oil
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Castor Oil
- 2 tbsp Dead Sea Salt
- Take Dead Sea Salt and add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and 1 tablespoon of castor oil to it.
- Add 3-4 drops each of tea tree oil, and lavender oil.
- Mix well
- Use the scrub twice a week as a part of your evening shower.
- You can use the scrub for the face, as well as the body.
Why will it work?
Lavender essential oil benefits the skin by reducing hypersensitivity and irritation. Dead Sea Salt can minimise pores and reduce excess sebum production and at the same time, it eliminates pollutants from the pores. Olive oil and Castor oil work as a base in this recipe. Castor oil also acts as an astringent that helps control oil secreted by your glands. All of them mixed with Tea Tree Essential Oil create a nourishing and purifying scrub. Which will exfoliate skin and keep the moisture intact.
Things to keep in mind while using Tea Tree Oil for Oily skin:
- Tea Tree Essential Oil is widely available in its undiluted and neat, which is a 100% concentrated. It is a powerful Essential oil and direct application of which may make it a skin irritant for sensitive skin types. Use a small amount, dilute it with any carrier oil and apply it on the back of your hand or on the elbow. Wait for 24 hours, and if there’s no reaction, you’re good to go.
- It is always recommended to perform a patch test before its application owing to the sensitivity parameter of various skin types.
- Tea Tree Essential Oil should never be used internally, it can be toxic if ingested.
- Store Tea Tree Essential Oil in a dark container, as exposure to light can damage.
- The authenticity of such essential oils has proved to be questionable thereby they should always be purchased from a reliable source.
Tea Tree Essential Oil also called Melaleuca Oil is a powerful natural oil, it possesses qualities that have made its usage vital for the conditions and symptoms that affect skin, nails, hair etc. The topical application of Tea Tree Essential Oil on the skin has made it one of the most efficient natural skin treatments from serving as a cure to acne to protecting and healing the same while making it appear radiant. It also has the ability to combat oily skin and hence serves all the obligatory benefits from its qualities being anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, antibacterial, and antifungal. It is cost-effective and the most natural and safe alternative when used per direction.
You may also like: