Sometimes, hormonal changes, like those caused by puberty or menstruation, can lead to skin problems. Acne is the most common skin problem that occurs during puberty, but other skin disorders can occur as well. Hormonal acne happens when your body's hormones cause an increase in sebum production and changes in the bacteria on your skin. Increased sebum production also brings on more skin problems such as blackheads and whiteheads. Some hormonal changes can also lead to secondary skin disorders such as cystic acne and papules. Hormonal acne is very hard to treat, so it's best to try to prevent it from occurring in the first place.
You may also like:
If you experience a rise in your hormones during puberty, you may want to consider taking extra care of your skin. Nighttime skin products are a good place to start because they help keep your pores clear at night and allow your pores to heal overnight. If you're starting with aromatherapy or just want to know more about what oils do, here are a few things that you should know about essential oils. Their main use is for aroma and their other uses are based on this use.
Best Essential Oils For Hormonal Acne:
1) Black Tea Tree Essential Oil
This oil can help with acne differently. Black Tea Tree Essential Oil helps with pimples and makes them disappear faster. It's best to be used at night because it helps with swelling and bacteria; it's also good for so many other skin problems.
2) Geranium Essential Oil
This oil is good for hormonal acne because it is one of the most calming oils. Geranium Essential Oil can also heal quickly. You can use it at night, but you may want to dilute it a little bit if you have sensitive skin. This oil also helps with scarring.
3) Lavender Essential Oil
Lavender essential oils support the production of hormones and have been proven to reduce levels of stress hormones, which means that it helps with hormonal acne! It's also anti-microbial, so it's great for pimples and blackheads.
4) Oregano Essential Oil
This oil is antibacterial and it's great for blackheads. Oregano Essential Oil also has anti-fungal properties and it helps with inflammation. Its main effects are anti-bacterial, which means that it kills the bacteria that cause acne. It's also used as an antiseptic for wounds, so it can also be used for reducing swelling and redness in skin infections.
5) Rosemary Essential Oil
This oil can kill off bacteria in pimples and leave a nice fresher scent behind. It's also soothing and helps with inflammation, which means that Rosemary Essential Oil works well with hormonal acne.
6) Tea Tree Essential Oil
There are a ton of different types of tea tree oil out there, but we would recommend that you avoid the ones that have a strong scent because they can irritate your skin. You want to use the most natural one, so look for pure tea tree oil. Tea tree essential oil has antibacterial and antifungal properties, which means that it kills off the bacteria in your pores. Essential oils will also not last forever; make sure to buy them in small amounts so that you can keep them fresh.
7) Neem Essential Oil
This oil can help with hormonal acne because it's antibacterial and antifungal. It's also anti-inflammatory, which means that neem oil kills off the inflammation that can occur due to hormonal acne. It's best to use neem oil on a small scale because it's really expensive.
8) Green Tea Essential Oil
This oil is great at killing the bacteria that live in your pores and cause pimples. It's also really good at moisturizing your skin; you can use it to create your toner or moisturizer. Green tea essential oil is calming and sedating, which means that it can help with redness and inflammation caused by hormonal acne. It's also good at healing scars because of its astringent properties.
9) Coconut Oil
Don't ever put coconut oil on your skin because it can be irritating; instead, add coconut oil as an ingredient in other oils or use it as a skin moisturizer.
10) Sweet Orange Essential Oil
This oil has antibacterial properties, which means that it can kill off bacteria. Sweet Orange essential oil also has anti-inflammatory properties, which makes this oil great for acne and other skin problems.
Benefits Of Using Essential Oils For Hormonal Acne:
1) They're not just for aromatherapy; they have multiple other uses. Some oils are used when they're applied topically, and others are used to make your blends. We recommend that you use oils in moderation because too much can cause irritation and damage to your skin.
2) Some oils have multiple benefits, so it's important to look at the effects of each oil separately. Sometimes a combination of oils can help with more than one condition, but you might want to experiment with individual oils until you find out what works best for your skin.
3) Essential oils are all-natural or organic; they're better for your skin and the environment than some chemical options. It's also great that they're not just for acne. You can use them to make your home smell good or you can use them to relax before you go to sleep at night.
4) Essential oils can be easily added to other products, like shower gels and moisturizers, so you don't have to apply them directly on your skin if you don't want to.
5) Essential oils can be cheaper than other skincare solutions because some of them have multiple uses, which means that if you try one essential oil that doesn't work well with your skin, the other ones might.
6) You don't need to spend a lot of money on oils because they're all-natural and organic. It's also hard to overdose on essential oils because they don't contain chemicals that can build up in your body over time.
7) Essential oils are easier to use than other types of medication; this is especially true during hormone changes, like puberty, and pregnancy. You can use essential oils to replace over-the-counter medication or antacids without having to worry about any side effects.
8) Essential oils are great for smelling; they're also a lot cheaper than perfume. You can choose your favorite scent and mix it with another oil to create your fragrance or you can just add a few drops of oil to a spray bottle full of water, which is easy and simple.
9) Most oils can be bought online, but it's important to make sure that you're buying the right oil. We recommend that you use pure essential oils and not essential oil blends because some of the oils in these blends can irritate your skin and make your acne worse.
You may also like:
1) Essential oils can be pricey, is it worth buying them?
Yes, it is! You should always look for organic and natural oils. If a product is natural and organic, you'll be getting more benefits than if the ingredients were synthetic. It's important to buy small amounts of essential oils so that they last longer because they will go bad over time.
2) Should I buy a diffuser or mix my essential oil blends?
You can make your blends at home or use a diffuser; diffusers are usually cheaper so you can find eco-friendly ones.