The upcoming weather truly demands nourishing oils that not only hydrate your skin but work great for your hair as well. While a variety of oils are available in the market people adore the benefits of pure argan oil and olive oil for their beauty concerns. Well, that's true and that's why today we will compare argan oil vs olive oil for hair and skin. While both oils are highly nutritious and beneficial for your overall concerns, let's check out which one you should stick to and why it will benefit you in the long run.
Olive Oil vs Argan Oil
To begin with the differentiation, let us talk about the extraction process of olive oil and argan oil.
What is Olive Oil?
Olive oil is a thick and rich carrier oil that is native to the Mediterranean region and is extracted from the ripe fruit of the olive tree. People who reside in the Mediterranean region especially UAE and other countries utilize olive oil in their regular cuisine and recipes. This rich and healthy oil is very healthy and is loaded with monounsaturated fats. Olive oil is primarily derived by pressing and crushing the ripe olives to extract their pure essence in liquid form. The Aroma and flavour of pure olive oil is amazing and it is widely used in making healthy salad dishes and other recipes.
You may also like:
If we talk primarily about olive oil vs argan oil for skin it is quite evident that olive oil is a little too heavy for your skin. But that's the later part. First of all, let us understand the differences between pure olive oil and pure argan oil.
What is Argan Oil?
Let's talk about argan oil for now pure argan oil is naturally derived from the right kernels of argan tree. These trees are native to Morocco and that's why argan oil is popularly known as Moroccan argan oil. Argan oil has been utilized for years by the people of Morocco as a beauty treatment. No wonder argan oil does an amazing job of curing several skin issues including pimples, acne scars, and dullness.
Argan oil is rich in antioxidants and Vitamin E. It contains essential fatty acids that deeply moisturize your skin and hydrate your dull and dehydrated hair. The extraction process of pure argan oil is a difficult one. It is majorly labor intensive and begins with procuring the fruits of the argan tree. These fruits are dried in the sun to extract the pure and valuable argan oil.
Olive oil vs Argan oil for hair
Olive oil for hair
- Let's talk about olive oil for hair. Olive oil is popular because of its conditioning properties. The chief compounds in olive oil include squalene, oleic acid, and palmitic acid. The rich oil is known to promote shiny and soft hair.
- Olive oil is also loaded with rich antioxidants including Vitamin E. It also has monosaturated fatty acids which protect your hair's health and keep it nourished and strong.
- Olive oil works great for damaged and dry hair. You can first warm it up and then massage it on your hair to see incredible results.
- Olive oil has hydrating properties that keep frizzy hair at bay and tame the flyaways. Another point to note is that olive oil is a little too heavy for your hair. So, it is important to dilute it with any Essential oil or other carrier oil of your choice.
Pure Argan oil for hair
After knowing the benefits of olive oil for hair it is time to check out some of the commendable benefits of using pure Moroccan argan oil for hair.
- Argan oil is popularly known as liquid gold because of its exotic hue and the tempting aroma that it oozes. The rich oil is extracted by processing the ripe argan nuts from the Moroccan Argan Tree. It is an excellent choice for your hair as it deeply hydrates it and has astounding qualities.
- Argan oil for dull and damaged hair is preferred by Hair Care specialists and beauty experts. This luxurious oil repairs damaged hair strands and moisturizes it to the core so that it doesn't lack nourishment at any cost.
- Argan oil is rich in antioxidants like Vitamin E along with Vitamin D and other essential fatty acids including Omega 3 and Omega 9. All these compounds in argan oil help to rejuvenate your hair follicles as they penetrate deep into your roots and hair shafts. If we compare argan oil vs olive oil for hair the latter lacks rich antioxidants.
- Argan oil for hair growth generously helps with hair loss and strengthens hair follicles thereby promoting hair growth by 2x. You can utilize argan oil for the scalp and argan oil for hair growth in your daily Hair Care routine to get mind-blowing benefits.
Argan oil vs olive oil for skin
When it comes to skin care choices can be very different. Both argan oil and olive oil for the skin are great. But there are some exceptions which everyone must take care of. Let's check out the differences between argan oil and olive oil for skin acne.
Argan Oil For Skin
- Argan oil is an all-rounder oil that has countless benefits for your skin. Yes, you heard it right. The oil is rich in fatty acids including linoleic and oleic acid which helps to hydrate your skin deeply. Argan oil also seals the moisture content in your skin and helps in reducing flaky and dry skin.
- Argan oil has natural anti-aging properties. The rich golden liquid has an abundance of antioxidants including Vitamin E. It helps to protect your skin from the harmful rays of the Sun. Not only this but it also reduces wrinkles, fine lines, saggy skin, and dark spots.
- Argan oil is non-comedogenic. This simply means that it won't clog your pores at any cost and therefore is a great choice for acne-prone skin beauties.
- Argan oil helps in revealing a radiant glow in your skin. It eventually brightens your skin tone and diminishes the visibility of acne scars and under-eye bags.
Olive oil for skin
Now let us check out the benefits of olive oil for skin.
- Olive oil deeply moisturizes dry skin. The thick oil makes your skin utterly soft, smooth, and supple.
- Olive oil has anti-inflammatory properties which tackle the redness and inflammation on your skin. It also reduces the chances of rashes and soothes irritated skin.
- Olive oil is great for healing burn scars, wounds, and injuries. It speeds up the healing process and reduces the chances of scars and spots.
Argan Oil vs Olive Oil. Which is the best?
Choosing between the two is a difficult task. Both argan oil vs olive oil for skin are ideal to use as a moisturizer and enhance your skin tone and texture. But argan oil is non-comedogenic and is meant for all skin types. On the other hand, olive oil is very thick and is meant for people with extra dry skin. People who have sensitive and acne-prone skin should avoid using olive oil.
You may also like:
Argan oil vs olive oil for hair are almost the same. Both the oils offer remarkable benefits for your hair. While argan oil is great for frizzy dry and damaged hair, olive oil helps in hair growth and rejuvenates hair follicles to keep your hair healthy. So make your choice and go for the one that suits your preferences.
Carrier oils are a pure gift of nature. They are extracted directly from the nuts of the trees. Argan oil vs Olive oil was a great competition and both the oils have their own set of advantages. So, make your choice and opt for the one you need from Moksha Essentials. Your one-stop destination for all pure, raw, and organic ingredients for skincare, haircare, and DIY remedies.