Aromatherapy is wonderful. Everybody is a fan of aromatherapy these days. While reading this, we know you are probably one of those who loves the practices of aroma therapy and the inclusion of essential oils. One of the well-known aromatherapy oils that are very hyped these days is Blood Orange Essential oil. While the name might scare you for a bit, we are 100% sure that you will adore the exclusive magical and metaphysical properties of Blood Orange Essential Oil. The fierce name of this essential oil talks about its exotic properties along with some mind-blowing benefits that it carries. So, today in this blog will discover Blood Orange Essential oil properties along with its benefits and how you can include it in your daily routine for other advantages.
Blood Orange Essential Oil Properties
We know you are curious to know about essential oil and where it comes from and everything. So here's a little snippet:
- Orange Essential Oil is derived from the peel of blood orange fruit native to Southern Mediterranean regions and other regions of China and Italy. It is now primarily obtained from Italy with a distant heritage and a well-known status.
- Blood Orange Essential oil has a very cooling and soothing fragrance. It is widely used in aromatherapy practices for its wonderful benefits.
- The Blood Orange Essential oil properties are not uncommon but distinctive to other citrus essential oils. The major components of Blood Orange Essential oil are more or less identical to other citric essential oils. But, here is a little picture of the magical and metaphysical properties of Blood Orange Essential oil.
- The primary element of Blood Orange Essential Oil is Limonene. This component is present in almost all citrus essential oils in and dominates the oil with its citrus and tangy fragrance.
- Along with limonene blood Orange Essential oil is also loaded with linalool, a-pinene, sabinene, m-cymene, 4-terpineol, and B-pinene.
- The Blood Orange Essential oil is extracted from the orange fruit with a very deep red tint. It is mainly because of anthocyanins. The flavor and aroma of Blood Orange Essential oil are very unique and uncommon as compared to the original oranges.
- If we talk particularly about the flavor, it is a mix of citrus with hints of raspberry.
- The Blood Orange Essential oil offers an intense citrus fragrance which is majorly tart and not sweet.
You may also like:
Now that you know about the magical and metaphysical properties of Blood Orange Essential oil and its components it is time to look at other properties and benefits of Blood Orange Essential oil. Blood Orange Essential oil is rich in several properties and also carries some phenomenal benefits for your health skin and mental well-being. So, without any further do let's get started.
1. Blood Orange Essential Oil Has Antifungal Properties
The Blood Orange Essential oil properties include its antifungal qualities that restrict the development of fungi and bacterial infection in your body. Not only this, but it also restricts the growth of fungus which helps to tackle food spoiling and food poisoning. As per studies, Blood Orange Essential oil majorly fights against the four major species of fungus.
2. Blood Orange Essential Oil Has Antiseptic Properties
Do you know that Blood Orange Essential oil is loaded with antiseptic properties? Recent studies have revealed that Blood Orange Essential oil and other citrus Essential oil are known as strong antimicrobials. They are very well known as disinfectants that help to cure wounds and also tackle minor cuts and injuries on your skin. It prevents the infection from spreading.
3. Blood Orange Essential Oil Has Antibacterial Properties
If you are suffering from any injury be it cuts, wounds, burns or anything of that sort, you can use Blood Orange Essential oil. The Blood Orange Essential oil properties include its antibacterial function which disinfects the particular region of your skin and also restricts the growth of damaging bacteria.
4. Blood Orange Essential Oil Has Anti-Inflammatory Properties
Inflammation is one of the major reasons why you suffer from internal health conditions that include cancer and other intestinal issues. So, if you are suffering from any such condition you can include Blood Orange Essential oil in your routine as it reduces inflammation to a great extent. It also reduces the possibility of serious infections in your body. Not only this but Blood Orange essential also works pretty well to reduce the pain triggered by fever, toxic components, and arthritis.
Other Benefits Of Blood Orange Essential Oil
After knowing about the significant properties of Blood Orange Essential oil, it is time to look at the benefits of blood orange essential oil.
- Blood Orange Essential oil helps to control spasms and also reduces pain to a great extent. It tackles the condition of diarrhea, muscle cramps, and coughing. If you include Blood Orange Essential oil in your routine earlier than needed then it can also reduce the chances of serious damage caused by spasms.
- It is amazing to know that Blood Orange Essential oil helps to promote deep sleep to a great extent. Studies have demonstrated that the aroma of Blood Orange Essential oil is known to be very refreshing and uplifting which instantly puts you to sleep without any effort.
- Blood Orange Essential oil is widely used in aromatherapy practices as it can reduce the cortisol level in your body. Once your heart rate and cortisol level go down, it instantly reduces the stress level in your body and also tackles anxiety and depression.
- Blood Orange Essential oil aids in a smooth digestive system because of its ability to balance and maintain a strong and healthy liver. Blood Orange Essential oil also restricts the development of gallstones in your body and enhances the secretion of favorable hormones.
- Blood Orange Essential oil helps to detox your body in unimaginable ways. It induces urination which in turn helps to eradicate the toxins from your body and maintain a healthy digestive system.
- Blood Orange Essential oil is a great ingredient for your skin as it sinks deeply into your skin and does not clog the pores. Blood Orange Essential oil for the skin also helps in the formation of collagen elements which results in radiant soft and smooth skin.
- Blood Orange Essential oil helps to increase the cognitive abilities of your brain and is widely recognized to tackle the memory issues that people deal with.
You may also like:
The magical and metaphysical properties of Blood Orange essential oils are countless but you always must incorporate pure and high-quality essential oil in your routine. Also never forget to dilute essential oils when you use them on your skin in general. Make sure to dilute Blood Orange Essential oil with a carrier oil of your choice before using. You can also do a patch test if needed.