Basil essential oil is a natural remedy used to help treat common ear infections. In addition, it will also help with the symptoms of a cold such as nose congestion and cough. It is also good for skin sores and can be used to treat a sore throat. Basil oil does not have any known side effects. Basil Essential Oil is the oil extracted from the leaves, stems, flowers, and seeds of the basil plant. The plant is native to India and is grown in many other countries such as Egypt, Algeria, and Morocco. Basil oil has a spicy smell and is often used in toothpaste, soaps, and cosmetics. As well as its medicinal use, it can also be used in food. Basil oil is beneficial for treating ear infections caused by bacteria since it contains thymol which acts as an antiseptic agent against bacterial microorganisms that cause ear infections.
You may also like:
Basil essential oil is extracted from the plant by steaming or expression. The oil is often distilled in a steam distillation process using a hot water distillation method. Basil essential oil is water-soluble and absorbs easily into the body through the skin. Basil essential oil has been shown to contain active chemical compounds that benefit human health. For instance, it contains chamazulene, eugenol, linalool, pinene, thymol, and limonene which are compounds that have an antihistamine action on the body. In addition to this, basil has an analgesic action on the human body since it contains pinene which acts as a pain reliever for headaches and migraines.
Benefits of using basil oil for ear infections
1) For earache
Basil essential oil has been found to help ease the pain and discomfort of an earache. It has been suggested to be an effective remedy for acute ear pain. Basil oil is good for the ears and will help with congestion of the nose and throat, mucus discharge, and sore throat.
2) For cold
Basil oil will greatly benefit those with a cold as it will help clear up their sinuses and provide relief from congestion. Basil oil can help improve breathing and relieve coughing. It can be used to relieve symptoms of a cold such as sinus suffocation, nasal congestion, headache, coughing muscle spasms in the back or chest area.
3) For ear infection
Basil oil can be used to relieve symptoms of an ear infection. It is effective in treating the symptoms of a cold such as congestion, rhinitis, sneezing, and coughing. Basil essential oil contains the active ingredient thymol which acts as an antiseptic against bacteria that cause ear infections.
4) For skin sores
Basil Essential oil helps treat skin sores since it has pungent scents that can help calm and soothe a person suffering from a skin infection.
5) For sore throat
Basil Essential oil can be used to treat sore throat since it has pungent scents that will effectively ease the discomfort and pain associated with a sore throat.
6) For sinusitis
Basil oil is good for helping to kill harmful bacteria that are responsible for causing chronic or difficult-to-treat sinusitis. It has been found to help with sinuses, face, and throat congestion because it has thymol which is an antiseptic that helps inhibit the growth of bacteria that cause sinus infection.
7) For stomach problems
Basil essential oil is also known to help ease symptoms due to digestive issues such as upset stomach, diarrhea, and nausea. Basil oil may interfere with certain medications and dietary supplements. Always consult your healthcare practitioner before using it in conjunction with certain drugs or supplements.
8) For toothache
Basil oil has been shown to have a pain-relieving and anti-inflammatory action on the body. It has been shown to help with pain caused by toothaches and other dental problems.
9) For fungal infections
Basil oil is a potent natural remedy for fungal infections such as ringworm, athlete's foot, or nail fungus. It can be applied topically to affected areas of skin for treatment. Basil oil should be diluted with essential oils before application to reduce the risk of side effects. Basil essential oil can also be applied neat (undiluted) for external use on the skin.
10) For stomach ulcers
Basil essential oil is a potent natural remedy for stomach ulcers. It has an anti-inflammatory action on the body which can be very beneficial when treating the root cause of stomach ulcers. Basil oil is a potent natural remedy for nausea. It has an anti-nausea action on the body which will help relieve symptoms of nausea in adults and children who suffer from common side effects such as headaches, dizziness, vomiting, and agitation caused by chemotherapy or cancer treatment when undergoing chemotherapy.
5 tips to use basil oil for treating ear infections
1. Apply this oil topically on the infected area to relieve pain and reduce inflammation. For example, put about 5 drops of this oil on a cotton ball and place it in the affected ear. Repeat this twice a day until you notice an improvement. It can also help to relieve pain using Basil essential oil by placing a few drops mixed with coconut or olive oil and rubbing it directly on the ear.
2. Make basil tea as another natural remedy for alleviating your infection by boiling about 4-6 fresh basil leaves in boiling water for about 15 minutes. Strain the herbs and drink the tea while it is still warm.
3. You can also use this oil in your bath by adding about 15-20 drops of basil essential oil to your bath water. Soak for about 20 minutes and you can use this method 2 times a day until you notice a clear improvement.
4. You can add a few drops of this oil to your diffuser to increase its effectiveness.
You may also like:
5. Take some time during the day to add some basil essential oil to your humidifier which will help relieve cough, congestion, and sinusitis as it will fight bacteria and viruses that cause these problems in the first place as well as provide relief from symptoms caused by these problems.
1) What is a good recommended dosage of basil oil for ear infections?
A good recommended dosage of basil oil for ear infection is 20 drops diluted with coconut oil or olive oil twice a day. Another good alternative way to do this would be by adding about 15-20 drops of this oil to your bath water.
2) Can I use this essential oil on my eyes, nose, throat, and chest?
Basil essential oil can be used on the skin but not on mucous membranes like the eyes and nose as it will increase tissue irritation and inflammation. Basil essential oil should only be used topically on the skin due to the risk of chemical burns.